Kevin Kisner WITB? (What’s in the Bag)
Kevin Kisner is an American professional golfer who has been on Tour since 2011. His most recent wins are the 2016 RSM Classic and the 2017 Dean & Deluca Invitational. An interesting fact about Kevin is that he always uses the head side of a coin to mark his ball. In our “What’s in the […]
Go to ...
Kevin Kisner is an American professional golfer who has been on Tour since 2011. His most recent wins are the 2016 RSM Classic and the 2017 Dean & Deluca Invitational. An interesting fact about Kevin is that he always uses the head side of a coin to mark his ball.
In our “What’s in the bag?” series (or “WITB”), we highlight the best clubs and gear that professional players are currently using in their bags. So, if you are currently looking to take your golf game to the next level, then take a look at what’s in Kevin Kisner’s bag.
Kevin Kisner Career Highlights Video
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha (8.5 degrees)
Shaft: Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65TX
The Callaway Great Big Bertha is one of the most talked about drivers in the golf community and the name says it all. This driver features a light and fast multi-material chassis to generate more clubhead speed. Through advanced aerodynamics and its wide range of weight classes, the Great Big Bertha is engineered for multiple swing types. The Great Big Bertha also features Callaway’s next generation R*MOTO technology integrated in the thinner face for higher ball speeds on center and off-center hits. The added Adjustable Perimeter Weighting on the head provides precise control and makes this a very forgiving driver. The Callaway Great Big Bertha is one of the most recognizable clubs, solidifying its spot in the market.
- Advanced aerodynamics along with a wide range of weight classes benefits any swing type.
- A thinner face leads to increased ball speeds on both center and off-center hits.
- Adjustable weighting on the perimeter make this driver more forgiving than before.
- Lightweight, multi-material chassis allows players to generate more clubhead speed.
Fairway Wood: Callaway GBB Epic (13.5 degrees)
Shaft: Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75TX
The name speaks for itself, the Callaway GBB Epic is one of Callaway’s most impressive fairway woods that they’ve produced. The incredibly light and strong triaxial carbon crown is 78% lighter than the common steel crown used in other woods. This frees up weight to increase MOI and lower the CG for easy launch and more power behind every hit. Callaway included their Hyper Speed Face Cup, which responds to off-center hits with more efficiency to promote faster speed across even more of the face. With assistance from aerospace experts, this new face cup works with a new aero-elliptical head shape. This new shape improves airflow, for faster swing speed and distance with little effort. The GBB Epic gives players the ability to switch the positions of the 22 gram and 3 gram weights in the sole. This adjustment can create lower launch, spin, and trajectory, or higher launch, spin, and trajectory. Callaway’s CBB Epic is a prime example how advanced science and precision machining can come together to produce an incredible fairway wood.
- Reducing the crown’s weight by 78% increases MOI and lowers the CG for easier launches with more power.
- Aerospace designed face cup responds to off-center hits with greater efficiency allowing for faster club face speeds.
- Adjustable weights integrated into the sole provide the player numerous choices for launch, spin, and trajectory.
- Aero-elliptical head shape improves airflow for faster swing speed and distance without extra effort.
Hybrid: Callaway Apex (18 degrees)
Shaft: Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid
The Callaway Apex hybrid is the first hybrid for the Apex collection, giving an iron player the confidence to transition from an iron set to a hybrid without fear. It features the Forged Cup Face to increase ball speed and pairs it with Internal Standing Wave versatility. The Callaway Apex was created with precise shaping of a longer, more iron-like blade length and a neutral bias that Tour players prefer. These features produce consistent and confident shots and are a key to the Apex hybrid’s success. The Callaway Apex hybrid is perfect for players looking for distance, control, and workability; even if they have always been a long iron player.
- Created to provide an easy transition from an iron set to a hybrid.
- A newer, forged cup face design increases the player’s ball speed.
- Precise shaping of a longer, more iron-like blade length and a neutral bias that better players prefer.
- Created with the desire to increase distance, control, and workability.
Irons: Callaway Apex UT (3 iron, 21 degrees), Callaway Apex Pro (4-9)
Shaft: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120TX)
Continuing with the Apex collection that Kevin favors, it’s apparent that Callaway continues to create some of the best clubs on the market. The Callaway Apex UT Utility club features a forged face cup design to generate high ball speeds across the entire face. Even on mishits, this technology has the ability to increase any player’s distance. The sole weighting lowers the CG for an easier launch and makes it easy to hit higher. The Callaway Apex UT is forged from premium 1020 carbon steel giving it a superior look and feel.
The Callaway Apex Pro Forged iron was designed to drastically improve a player’s distance and performance with an iron. This forged iron features an ultra-hot face coupled with tungsten sole inserts to create a low CG. The lower CG increases forgiveness and launch angle, which is impressive compared to most other irons. This iron has a forged carbon steel construction to deliver a soft, responsive feel that gives any level player a confident swing. Finally, the high-performance wide-groove face design allows for more spin and increased carry from any type of turf condition. The Callaway Apex collection continues to support all levels of players, making it one of the most versatile sets of irons on the market.
- The Apex UT Utility club replaces a hybrid while still generating higher ball speed for increased distance.
- The Apex UT is forged from premium 1020 carbon steel for a superior look and feel.
- A tungsten sole insert provides a lower CG, allowing the club to generate a level of playability most wouldn’t expect from a forged iron.
- Wide grooved face increases spin, allowing more carry from any type of turf condition.
Wedge: Callaway Mack Daddy (47-11S, 52-12S), Fourteen Golf RM-22 (58 degrees)
Shaft: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 WV125
The Callaway Mack Daddy 2 is one of the most recognizable wedges in golf history, being a solid favorite of numerous players. Constructed from 1020 carbon steel, the Tour-inspired shape and traditional finishes feature laser-milled micro groove pattern for increased surface roughness and added spin and control. The 5V Groove Pattern technology is engineered with 39% larger grooves to produce 25% more spin out of the rough. This versatile wedge features a preferred head design and produces extraordinary spin from any playing condition on the course.
The RM-22 is not only appealing to the eye with its glare-free satin finish but also provides players with impressive response. While the response may be strong it also has a soft touch due to being one of the heavier-swinging wedges. This heaviness also gives the RM-22 outstanding stability, allowing players to either ramp up or scale back swings. The fairly wide sole makes this wedge a sure thing for bunker shots with impressive stopping power on the green. The RM-22 is gaining popularity with players on Tour because of its noteworthy performance.
- The Mack Daddy 2 features 39% larger grooves for 25% more spin out of rough turf.
- RM-22’s heavier weight makes it extremely stable no matter if you are ramping up or scaling back your swing.
- The wide sole of the RM-22 make it a sure thing when hitting out of bunkers.
- It’s glare free finish retains its bright, clean look throughout the life of the wedge.
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro #7
Grip: SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 (Black/White)
Odyssey is one of the most recognizable manufacturers of some of the best putters available. The White Hot Pro putter features a Gun Metal PVD finish for an industrial, non-glare look. The PVD application process increases wear resistance for incredible durability over years of play. Callaway named this putter for its improved White Hot insert that is more consistent in sound, feel, and performance across the entire striking surface. With its classic design and balanced construction the Odyssey White Hot will be a favorite of Tour players for years to come.
Ball: Titleist Pro V1
Titleist continues to dominate the golf ball industry with the some of the highest quality materials available. The Titleist Pro V1 golf ball is a great example of this, providing longer distance and more consistent flight with lower long game spin. The Pro V1 is engineered with a very soft feel, longer lasting durability, and outstanding drop & stop short game control. The multi-component technology construction utilizes a softer compression Next Generation 2.0 ZG process core with a soft Urethane Elastomer ionomeric cover system. The new spherically-tiled 352 tetrahedral dimple design is just one element of the Pro V1 golf ball that works together to deliver the performance you need on every shot.
- Provides longer distance and more consistent flight with lower long game spin.
- Plays an outstanding drop & stop short game control.
- Offers a new spherically-tiled 352 tetrahedral dimple design for impeccable feel.
Kevin Kisner is one of the best golfers in the world and uses some of the best clubs and equipment in the game. The clubs listed here are the clubs that Kevin Kisner used to win the 2017 Dean & Deluca Invitational. So, if you are looking to improve your golf game, take a look at what’s in Kevin’s bag, you may find something that will help you take your game to the next level.